The Nevada Appeal is Carson City's daily newspaper. It is printed seven days a week from its office on Mallory Way in Carson City.
The paper was first printed on May 16, 1865, as the Carson Daily Appeal. In May 1877 it was renamed the Morning Appeal, then it went back to being the Daily Appeal in 1906. In 1947 it was finally renamed to the Nevada Appeal, the name it keeps to this day.
The paper's first office was a low stone building at the corner of Second and Carson Streets. On Oct. 19, 1948 the Appeal moved to a new home at 110 W. Telegraph Street, then three years later, on July 9, 1951, it moved into the Carson Brewery at the corner of King and Division. On Nov. 18, 1974, the paper moved again to 200 Bath St. This office was gutted by fire on March 28, 1979, but the paper stayed in business using rented facilities and equipment. The final move was on March 8, 2002, when they moved into their current facility at 580 Mallory Way.
This facility also prints six other regional newspapers, the Lahontan Valley News, the Fallon Eagle Standard, the Record-Courier, the Sierra Sun, the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza, and the Tahoe Daily Tribune.
The Appeal is owned by Swift Communications.