The Esser House is a historic house in Carson City. It is located at 510 W. Fourth Street, at the northeast corner of Fourth and Thompson. It was built in 1907 for Ernst and Therese Esser. The couple lived here until Ernst's death in 1924, after which Therese sold the home. Since the mid 1980s, this has been the law offices of Crowell, Susich, Owen and Tackes. They recently merged with Kummer Kaempfer Bonner Renshaw & Ferrario.
The house opens to tours during the Carson City Ghost Walk each October. During the 2005 Walk, visitor Melody Lawrence had her pearl necklace unclasped and removed by unseen hands. Could it have been the spirit they call George, playing a trick on the tour group?
- Nevada Appeal, November 2, 2005: Woman has close encounter of another kind on Ghost Walk