Carson City Baptist Church Explosion

From Carsonpedia

On November 3, 1965, the Carson City Baptist Church in the 400 block of West Telegraph Street was destroyed by a gas explosion.

From the Church's website:

They met in a building in the 400 block of West Telegraph Street, between Division Street and Minnesota Street, which belonged to the Christian Church, and in June of 1954, they purchased the building as well as a house across the street at 412 N. Minnesota Street, which was used for the parsonage. On November 3, 1965, the building was destroyed by a gas explosion, from a leaking gas valve in the alley beside the church which caused gas to seep into the church basement. When a settlement was reached, the money was used to purchase the present property located at 1750 N. Mountain Street.

http://ccfbc.org/Origin