St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church
The St Teresa of Avila Catholic Church is a historic former church building in Carson City. It is located at 511 W. King Street, at the southeast corner of King and Thompson. It was built in 1871. It houses the Brewery Arts Center performance hall
This building was the home of St Teresa's Church until the early 2000s. At that time the church moved out to a larger facility across town, and deconsecrated the building. The Brewery Arts Center later bought the building.
It was originally much smaller and constructed out of wood, but it was expanded and faced with brick around 1949.
- Nevada Appeal, September 7, 2008: What is the oldest church in Carson City?