Carson High School
(Redirected from CHS)
Carson High School is a high school (grades 9-12) in Carson City, Nevada, United States. The school's enrollment is 2,594; the mascot is a Senator, and the school colors are royal blue, white, and silver.
- Art -
- Health -
- Language Arts -
- English -
- Mathematics -
- Music & Drama -
- Naval Science -
- Occupational -
- Physical Education/Weights-
- Science Fiction -
- Social Studies -
- Special Education-
The current principal of Carson High School is Ron Beck. The vice principals are Patrick Houlihan and Carl Henry. There are 122 staff members.
Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association State Championships
- Baseball - 1972, 1979, 1992
- Cross Country (Boys) - 1989, 1990, 1991, 2009
- Cross Country (Girls) - 1983, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 2001, 2007, 2009
- Basketball (Girls) - 1989, 1990. These teams were nationally ranked by USA Today.
Carson High School's mascot is the Senator, indicative of Carson City being the capital of Nevada. Prior to the 1990s, the mascot could be seen clenching a cigar between his teethâ€”it has since been removed to be politically-correct.
- Bob Ayrault - former major league baseball pitcher
- Dusty Bergman - baseball pitcher, currently with the Sioux City Explorers
- Hobart Cavanaugh - actor
- Chris Cox - Grammy nominated music producer, remixer, and DJ
- Dean Heller - former Nevada Secretary of State and current congressman (R-NV)
- Charlie Kerfeld, former major league baseball pitcher
- Cdr. Kirk Lippold - commander of the USS Cole during USS Cole bombing
- Donovan Osborne - former major league baseball pitcher
- Matt Williams - former major league baseball third baseman
- Darrell Rasner - baseball pitcher, currently with the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles
- Paul Laxalt - former Nevada governor and U.S. senator